Bifest Wales 2017
April 27th, 2017
Neath Port Talbot CVS
We are pleased to invite you to join us for BiFest Wales 2017 on Saturday 13th May 2017, 12 noon to 11:30pm – The Theatre, First Floor, YMCA Swansea SA1 5JQ
Bi Cymru/Wales are a constituted community voluntary organisation formed in 2007 by bisexual people in Wales to be the Welsh bisexual network bringing together bi people across Wales, campaigning for bisexual inclusion and challenging biphobia and fostering local bisexual groups in Wales. We rely on income from bi training and donations.
We would appreciate it if you could support this important bi community event by:
• Putting a link to our website and BiFest Wales 2017 on your website, if you have one
• Joining the BiFest Wales 2017 event on Facebook and promoting the event on your Facebook page or group or to your friends https://www.facebook.com/events/272897363160186/
• Retweeting our #BiFestWales tweets from @biwales
• Displaying the attached A3 bilingual poster in public areas of your organisations or asking friends to display posters
• Handing out the attached A6 bilingual flyers to people who visit you or may be interested
• Emailing your contacts and supporters or friends inviting them to BiFest Wales 2017 using the text about the event below
• Putting an article or listing for BiFest Wales 2017 in your newsletter or e-bulletin if you have one
• Sending us 1 type of leaflet for your organisation we can put on the information tables for BiFest Wales 2017
• If you have anything you could donate to the raffle please email email@example.com
• If you or anyone you know wants to volunteer to help us in advance or on the day email firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you’re interested in opportunities to sponsor the event please email email@example.com
Details of the event are below and further details will be posted on our website http://www.bicyrmu.org.uk/ and on the FaceBook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/272897363160186/
Email: Bicymru@yahoo.co.uk if you have any queries or if you want more leaflets or posters.
BiFest Wales – Saturday 13th May 2017
A one-day event for bisexual people, their friends, allies and anyone interested in bisexuality
Daytime workshop, social space, and information event
Registration from 12 noon. First workshop 12:30pm. 6pm finish.
The Theatre, 1st Floor, Swansea YMCA, 1 The Kingsway, Swansea, SA1 5JQ
Daytime Entry: £2 Under 16s FREE entry – Pay on the door only.
£5 entry for daytime and evening events if you pay for both together (£1 discount)
Babies, children and young people under 16 welcome with a responsible adult.
Includes refreshments throughout the daytime event.
During the day there will be:
• A set of workshops themed around bisexuality and related issues
• A set of workshops themed around games, crafts, and getting to know other people
• A craft space with materials
• Bi and community information area
• Meet and mingle social space
The first workshops we have confirmed are:
• All about bisexuality – an introduction to bisexuality and the Bi Community in Wales and the UK
• Getting involved in the bi community in Wales
• Fitting and Misfitting in communities interactive workshop
BiFest Wales 2017 – evening live alternative music and DJ gig
Doors 7:30pm. First live act: 7:30pm. Ends: 11:30pm.
Evening entry: £4, under 16s free Pay on the door only.
£5 entry for daytime and evening events if paid for together.
Under 18s welcome, but must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Some music acts include explicit lyrics and are parental advisory.
There will be a bar in the Theatre, open throughout the evening. If you look under 25 please bring ID.
An exciting variety of live music and local DJs are supporting BiFest Wales 2017. We’ll also have a raffle.
Performers include: Catherine Elms – Dark cabaret singer-songwriter and pianist.
With local rock, goth, industrial and alternative DJs filling the gaps between live acts and allowing you to continue to dance the night away: Draken – local DJ and lead artist with DrakenWerks
Will I be welcome at BiFest Wales?
BiFest Wales welcomes anyone bi-supportive. Although BiFests are bisexual community events, themed around bisexuality and promoting a safe, inclusive space with discussions around bisexuality, we welcome anyone who’s supportive of bisexuality and bi people.
• Bi people
• People who are questioning or think they may be bi
• Pansexual, polysexual, omnisexual and other people attracted to more than one gender who use a different term or no term at all
• And anyone who’s interested in coming along and learning more or sharing in the event, whether bi, lesbian, gay, straight, or another term.
Further information is available on our website, including a map of the venue; travel information from various places in Wales and England; accommodation in Swansea; car parks; access, dietary and family arrangements; and information on getting involved www.bicymru.org.uk
Yours in pride
?Reply ?Reply to All ?Forward ?More
Click to Reply, Reply all or Forward
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?