Welsh Dads Survey Closes 9 June
May 25th, 2017
April 27th, 2017
Neath Port Talbot CVS
We are pleased to invite you to join us for BiFest Wales 2017 on Saturday 13th May 2017, 12 noon to 11:30pm – The Theatre, First Floor, YMCA Swansea SA1 5JQ
Bi Cymru/Wales are a constituted community voluntary organisation formed in 2007 by bisexual people in Wales to be the Welsh bisexual network bringing together bi people across Wales, campaigning for bisexual inclusion and challenging biphobia and fostering local bisexual groups in Wales. We rely on income from bi training and donations.
We would appreciate it if you could support this important bi community event by:
• Putting a link to our website and BiFest Wales 2017 on your website, if you have one
• Joining the BiFest Wales 2017 event on Facebook and promoting the event on your Facebook page or group or to your friends https://www.facebook.com/events/272897363160186/
• Retweeting our #BiFestWales tweets from @biwales
• Displaying the attached A3 bilingual poster in public areas of your organisations or asking friends to display posters
• Handing out the attached A6 bilingual flyers to people who visit you or may be interested
• Emailing your contacts and supporters or friends inviting them to BiFest Wales 2017 using the text about the event below
• Putting an article or listing for BiFest Wales 2017 in your newsletter or e-bulletin if you have one
• Sending us 1 type of leaflet for your organisation we can put on the information tables for BiFest Wales 2017
• If you have anything you could donate to the raffle please email email@example.com
• If you or anyone you know wants to volunteer to help us in advance or on the day email firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you’re interested in opportunities to sponsor the event please email email@example.com
Details of the event are below and further details will be posted on our website http://www.bicyrmu.org.uk/ and on the FaceBook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/272897363160186/
Email: Bicymru@yahoo.co.uk if you have any queries or if you want more leaflets or posters.
BiFest Wales – Saturday 13th May 2017
A one-day event for bisexual people, their friends, allies and anyone interested in bisexuality
Daytime workshop, social space, and information event
Registration from 12 noon. First workshop 12:30pm. 6pm finish.
The Theatre, 1st Floor, Swansea YMCA, 1 The Kingsway, Swansea, SA1 5JQ
Daytime Entry: £2 Under 16s FREE entry – Pay on the door only.
£5 entry for daytime and evening events if you pay for both together (£1 discount)
Babies, children and young people under 16 welcome with a responsible adult.
Includes refreshments throughout the daytime event.
During the day there will be:
• A set of workshops themed around bisexuality and related issues
• A set of workshops themed around games, crafts, and getting to know other people
• A craft space with materials
• Bi and community information area
• Meet and mingle social space
The first workshops we have confirmed are:
• All about bisexuality – an introduction to bisexuality and the Bi Community in Wales and the UK
• Getting involved in the bi community in Wales
• Fitting and Misfitting in communities interactive workshop
BiFest Wales 2017 – evening live alternative music and DJ gig
Doors 7:30pm. First live act: 7:30pm. Ends: 11:30pm.
Evening entry: £4, under 16s free Pay on the door only.
£5 entry for daytime and evening events if paid for together.
Under 18s welcome, but must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Some music acts include explicit lyrics and are parental advisory.
There will be a bar in the Theatre, open throughout the evening. If you look under 25 please bring ID.
An exciting variety of live music and local DJs are supporting BiFest Wales 2017. We’ll also have a raffle.
Performers include: Catherine Elms – Dark cabaret singer-songwriter and pianist.
With local rock, goth, industrial and alternative DJs filling the gaps between live acts and allowing you to continue to dance the night away: Draken – local DJ and lead artist with DrakenWerks
Will I be welcome at BiFest Wales?
BiFest Wales welcomes anyone bi-supportive. Although BiFests are bisexual community events, themed around bisexuality and promoting a safe, inclusive space with discussions around bisexuality, we welcome anyone who’s supportive of bisexuality and bi people.
• Bi people
• People who are questioning or think they may be bi
• Pansexual, polysexual, omnisexual and other people attracted to more than one gender who use a different term or no term at all
• And anyone who’s interested in coming along and learning more or sharing in the event, whether bi, lesbian, gay, straight, or another term.
Further information is available on our website, including a map of the venue; travel information from various places in Wales and England; accommodation in Swansea; car parks; access, dietary and family arrangements; and information on getting involved www.bicymru.org.uk
Yours in pride
?Reply ?Reply to All ?Forward ?More
Click to Reply, Reply all or Forward
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
March 23rd, 2017
The Neath Port Talbot Draft Well-being Assessment is currently out for consultation until 12th April 2017. The Wellbeing of Future Generations Act (2015) requires the Public Service Board to produce an assessment of wellbeing for Neath Port Talbot. The draft assessment seeks to capture the strengths and assets of people and communities, and to describe the challenges and opportunities Neath Port Talbot faces now and in the future. The draft assessment can be accessed here: http://wellbeingsite.dns-systems.net/index.php/en/home/.
A Third Sector Consultation Workshop on the draft Well-being Assessment is being held on Friday 7th April 2017 at 10.00am at Neath Port Talbot CVS. Further information is attached. If you wish to attend the workshop, please register your interest via https://nptwellbeingassessment.eventbrite.co.uk or contact 01639 631246.
Principal Officer Partnership and Planning Prif Swyddog Partneriaeth a Chynllunio
Neath Port Talbot Council for Voluntary Service
Cyngor Gwasanaeth Gwirfoddol Castell Nedd Port Talbot
March 16th, 2017
From: Stephen Kinnock MP for Aberavon
Re: Boundary Review 2018
The Boundary Commission for Wales has begun its second consultation period on the initial proposals that they published in September 2016. During this consultation the Boundary Commission for Wales have published the alternative proposals that were submitted along with the petition that was signed by over 500 local people.
At this stage the initial proposals have not been changed. The proposals continue to include Skewen becoming part of Swansea East and Port Talbot being carved in two with Aberavon, Sandfields, Baglan and Briton Ferry joining Neath; and the Afan valley, Taibach, Margam and Port Talbot joining Ogmore.
At this point the Boundary Commission is inviting people to comment, either in favour or in opposition, to the submissions that were made during the first consultation period. It is important that we take full advantage of this second consultation period, again demonstrating opposition to the Boundary Commissions proposal and showing support for the alternative proposals that would keep the Port Talbot community as one.
You can submit your comments online through the Boundary Commission Wales’ consultation portal at https://www.bcw2018.org.uk/
Alternatively you can email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to
Boundary Commission for Wales
Ground Floor, Hastings House
If you are unsure what to write there are suggested templates available for Port Talbot and for Skewen.
The second consultation period closes on 27 March 2017, any responses received after that date will not be considered.
Once again we must show the Boundary Commission Wales that we are not going to accept our communities being split and that we will fight tooth and nail against these proposals.
Stephen Kinnock MP for Aberavon
March 15th, 2017
A fun filled day of games on the MUGA plus food, drinks and more
We are having a fun day on 1 July, 11am down at the MUGA where we will get out the tennis nets/ netball posts etc over the course of the day for the community to use. We are hoping to get coaches for the various sports and referees for the games. We’re thinking a bouncy castle together with food and drinks stalls, music and more. We need your help though. Various people have mentioned a community gathering. So who’s with us? Can you help us on the day? Do you have a talent or service you can offer? Are you a small business that would like a stall or can make a donation? Please share/invite your friends and contact us if you’d like to be involved